Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Great Week!


I had a really good week, this last week.  One of the exciting things that happened was that I got pink pancakes for my birthday breakfast.  They had pink frosting and sprinkles inside and outside.  They were like dessert for breakfast.  My companion was experimenting and they were pretty good.  Thank you for all of the birthday wishes!  They made my day really special.

One of the miracles I saw this week was that we were able to start teaching someone who missionaries taught a little bit in the past.  She seems a lot more ready at this time.  This lady told us of her desire to quit smoking.  (We had randomly stopped by the first time.)  She said she had smoked her last cigarette about an hour before we got there and she was determined to quit.  We taught a bit about the Word of Wisdom.  [A code of health given to early members by revelation from the Lord to the prophet Joseph Smith.  It describes foods that are good to eat as well as substances to avoid.  Promises are made to those who live this law that they will receive health, strength, and wisdom.]  It was great to visit with her.

Another exciting thing this week is that I get to go to the Portland temple with President Y, Sister Y, and all of the departing missionaries.  I am really excited.  I have been looking forward to it my whole mission.  I hear the Portland temple is beautiful.

I love you!  Thank you for all the good that you do!  You are in my prayers.  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment