Sunday, August 19, 2012

Service in Skirts

On Saturday we were driving back to our apartment for lunch and in our apartment complex we saw a moving van being unloaded.  Sister W and I decided we needed to offer our help, even though we had just been tracting for an hour and a half in the hot weather.  It was about 105 degrees that day.  We were expecting to hear "No thanks.  We got it covered.  Thanks for the offer."  This is the answer we normally get when we are wearing our skirts and looking all missionary-y.  But luckily that is not the answer we got.  They said that they would love our help.  It was a young dad, his father-in-law, and I believe a sister-in-law (young teen) who were doing all of the moving.  He told us that it was a crazy coincidence that we showed up because he had been praying a lot more in the past week.  God answers prayers.  I don't know what he prayed, but I am grateful we were there to help with the last half of the moving truck.  And I felt like I could sympathize with moving, since our family has moved many times.  The last part of the move is always the hardest and a great time to have fresh help.  I was so grateful that Heavenly Father gave us the prompting to ask even though it didn't seem likely that we would get to help.  It is always good to help someone in need.

And in case you wanted to know I am still in the same area with Sister W but we have an exciting new addition.... We are going to be in a trio!  Sister R is coming down from Roseburg.  It will be fun to hear how my old area is doing.  Transfer day is always crazy and Sister R is going to be coming in soon so my email is going to be a little short.

I love you all so much!  Thank you for all you do!  I’ll write again to you next week.  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment