Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Answers from the Spirit


One of the highlights of this past week was that we got to have President Y and Sister Y at our district meeting and training session.   We had just started the hour of training with our zone leaders and other trainers/trainees in zone when they came.  President Y and Sister Y found out for themselves just what a great teacher Sister T is.  I keep warning her that she is going to be training in 3 weeks.  She doesn't like to hear that.  She says she wants to stick it out with me for the next couple of months, and I would be happy with that as well.  As a newbie (new missionary), I didn't like it either when my companion told me that I would be a trainer soon.  Sister T may not be training, but that is not because she is not ready to.  She is a wonderful missionary.

Sister T and I have been looking for miracles lately and the other day we had a pretty wonderful miracle.  We were looking in our area book and calling everyone to see if they are ready to learn more.  We called a girl named Brittney.  We were able to meet with her and share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel.  We also shared our own personal testimonies of how we came to know the Church and the Book of Mormon are true.  It was a pretty different lesson than most in the sense that this was driven by her questions.  It was amazing to be able to share information about the Restoration and be able to answer all of her intense and varied questions with the help of the Spirit.  We asked her how she knew the Bible was true and related that to how we knew the Book of Mormon and Bible are true.  I think she is definitely curious about learning more. There is for sure no way that we could have answered those questions without the Spirit.

I know this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God.  I know that He lives.  He suffered for my trials and mistakes as has yours.  The Book of Mormon is true and I bear solemn witness of that.  This church is the Church of Jesus Christ once again established on this earth today.

Thank you for all the good you do. Thank you for your sacrifice and service. I love you all.  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment