Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents' Day

Thank you for your letters.  I always look forward to them.
            One of the most exciting things that happened this week is we found someone to teach from tracting.  Usually when you knock on doors people say they're not interested in one way or another.  But this girl, who is in her 20s, when I told her that we had come to share a message of Jesus Christ and how he can bless us and our families, she said “Yes, I’m interested.”  So we shared with her about how Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and a bit about the pre-earth life and our purpose on earth.  It was awesome.  Her eyes teared up a bit.  We met with her again and also went on a church tour where we showed her the church building and how it is not scary.  We also talked about what we do at church.  It is hard to pass that kind of person to someone else when you leave an area....
            So... exciting news is:  I am being transferred to another area.  The area I have been working in is south of the mission office.  I am currently a Ducks fan (since they won the Rose Bowl-- I believe that is the one they won) so it is going to be a bit interesting in the new area as they are Beavers fans.  As you can obviously tell I still don't pay too much attention to sports, but almost everyone in my current area is a Ducks fan. 
My new area will be north of the mission office.  It is a huge college town that gets more rain than here and has its very own singles ward, which I get to cover.  My new companion is going to be Sister B.  My current companion, Sister W, is also going up to the same area and she will be in a family ward. 
I kind of don't want to leave and I am only half packed.  I am leaving at 5pm today.  Sister F said she would help me make everything fit in my suitcases.  She was in the military, so she is pretty good at packing.  I have just been attempting to cram everything in-- it's not working.  My stuff grew.   It must be all this humidity.  Things just can't help but grow.  Ha ha.
I love you all and I am so grateful to be on a mission where you can clearly see just how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses individuals and families.  Keep sharing the truth with those around you.  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment