Sunday, April 8, 2012

Trying to Be like Jesus

So on Friday we got transfer calls.  I am staying and Sister B is leaving.  It is kind of sad and kind of exciting.  I guess the most exciting/scary part is that I am going to be a trainer now.  My new companion is Sister F.  I get to go to training tonight and tomorrow.  Sister F flies in tomorrow.  It is going to be hard but really good.  This opportunity is going to help me grow whether I like it or not.  Ha ha.  I will grow as a person and as a missionary.  This upcoming training has been on my mind a lot lately.

I loved conference!  I think they get better and better and faster and faster every year.  One of my favorite talks (almost all of the talks were my favorite), was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about forgiving and not judging.  When he talked about the story in the Bible of Jesus Christ and the adulterous woman, and how Jesus said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." (John 8:7); I thought of myself and how often I judge people even though I feel like I am generally a good person.  I had the thought that when we judge/criticize/blame someone it is like casting a stone at them.  So one of the things I want to keep from conference is that determination to "drop" the stone of judgment that I create in my thoughts. I probably won't do this literally because it would look silly but I would like to start paying attention to how much I do judge and to "stop it" like Pres. Uchtdorf said.  I am also trying harder to forgive others.  I don't really hold many grudges but I can always do better.  I am trying hard to be like Jesus. And I really have come to love the Primary song, "I’m Trying to Be like Jesus."

I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.

I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.

Anyway, I love you all and the work is going.  I know this church and this gospel are true.  I love the spirit that you feel every time you choose the right.  I love the light and peace that comes into your life as you follow the Savior and use His Atonement in your life.  I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and everything he has given me.  I am grateful that I can share all of these things with people every day, all of these things that make me the most happy.  I love you!  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment