Sunday, October 7, 2012

Picking Pears

Fall is coming!  The leaves aren't changing yet but it is about 15-20 degrees cooler.  It has been wonderful!  And there are more leaves on the ground than before. 

In this area, there is a church-owned pear orchard.  Every member, 12 and up, has been asked to donate 12 hours to picking pears.  It is great!  We went on Saturday for the first time and it happened to be the day people from my previous area were assigned to help.  IT WAS AWESOME!!!  I got to see some of my recent converts (one got baptized after I left), and some other wonderful ward members who I love.  Also, picking pears was really fun.  I learned the proper technique and I when I grow up I want a pear tree.  Sister W said my pear tree wouldn't have that good of fruit.  The pear trees there had a ton of pears and they were big and beautiful.  The Lord truly blessed the pear harvest.   This was definitely a highlight of the week.

Another highlight from this past week is that we got to go to the temple right after I finished emailing you last week.  It was amazing.  It was like a breath of fresh air.  I really missed the temple and the peace and love you can feel there.

We also might have a baptism coming up.  It is for a little boy named Eli.  He is 11 and I sure wish Andrew [Sister Cluff’s little brother] was here to be his buddy.  He likes robots and building things also.  We are excited for his upcoming baptism.  His parents are not active members but they want him to be baptized.  Eli has already memorized the first 3 Articles of Faith [The Articles of Faith are 13 statements about basic Church beliefs.] in his first 2 Sundays at church.  I love helping people get ready to be baptized.  It is such an exciting time in their lives.

Thank you for all you do and I will keep you in my prayers.  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment