Monday, October 8, 2012

Yea! More Missionaries!

I was so excited to hear the announcement at General Conference about changing the age of missionary service. [Note:  The first presidency of the church announced on Oct. 7 that young men could now serve missions beginning at age 18 and upon completion of high school or its equivalent.  Young women could serve missions beginning at age 19.  The previous age requirements were age 19 for young men and age 21 for young women.]  Elders being able to go out at 18 will be great.  And, sister missionaries going out at 19 is awesome too.  There will be more missionaries!  I am soooo excited and happy about that.  It reminds me of the talk during General Conference that talked about sharing the load.   It is a lot easier to share the load with more missionaries and also more members helping out.

This week it got cold up here.  I am not sure what the temperature is but I saw frost on the ground and slipped on my first ice.  Someone left their sprinklers on and white does not always mean the sidewalk is clear.  I slipped first on one foot then on the other and then on the first again.  Luckily I didn't fall down.  I am going to have to learn how to walk on ice again or maybe I could just sprinkle some salt on my path as I go.  It is not really that icy yet and I am not ready to break out my heavy winter coat yet. 

Also this week we got to meet some golden investigators.  It is a family with a mom, dad, and 2 little girls.  I am excited to keep teaching them.  The way they became interested in the gospel was that as the mom met with co-workers for the first time she could sense something different.  Most were Mormon.  She has been on mormon.org looking at the church.  She could feel the spirit that the members had with them.  Member missionary work is very, very important and worthwhile. 

I love you all so much!  Thank you for your great examples.  Thank you for your support.  Love you!  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment