Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!!

I was writing in my journal last night about all of the miracles I have seen in the last week. It included setting 3 more baptism dates.  It is going to be a white Christmas with all of these baptisms coming up.  I am soooo excited.  
 
In David's last letter to me, it talked about how time flies by when you are doing something worthwhile, or something you are really engaged in.  I feel that way when I am helping someone prepare for baptism.  For me, seeing these individuals’ progress and work towards baptism is incredible!  You see the light in their faces.  It reminds me of a scripture, Alma 5:15,19, which talks about Christ and receiving his image in your countenance.

I want to share an experience with you from this last week; this man's faith is truly amazing.  Last week we invited a man named Todd to be baptized.  He was really excited and happy that he could be baptized.  We told him that we felt inspired to invite him to be baptized on December 1st and we invited him to pray about that date.  When we went back last week, his friend told us what Todd had told him after we left. (Todd's co-worker invited him to learn from the missionaries and he also sat in on the lessons.)  He told us that Todd said that if we felt inspired to ask him to be baptized, that that was his answer.  It was a very amazing experience.  Todd has a ton of faith!  He is able to recognize the spirit because he feels so happy during the lessons and when he is learning on his own.

I am so grateful for the gospel.  I am grateful for the joy that can be found in it.  I am so grateful for my family and friends.  Life wouldn't be nearly as great without all of you.  I am grateful for my Savior and all that he has done for me.  I look forward to focusing on his life and birth this Christmas season, especially.  I am grateful that He not only died for us, but lived for us and showed us the way we need to go to return to our Heavenly Father.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon.  A few days ago, our mission president gave us each a special copy of the Book of Mormon to highlight all of the names of Christ, because the Book of Mormon truly testifies of Him.  It is an amazing thing.  Today I decided to start this beginning of the book of Ether. It brought a sweet spirit.

I love you all so much!  Thank you for all you do!  I love you!  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment