Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's Autumn Time


Let’s see… what happened this week?

We had interviews with our mission president, President Y, this week.  We didn't know we had interviews until Friday, when we got called.  We were told there is a senior missionary couple in our district who was picked for a video.  The Church is making a short documentary to encourage more senior missionaries to serve and also explain a little more about what senior missionaries do.  I am so glad I was not the “spotlight” but just one of the extras as our meeting was getting filmed.  During the filming, I got to accompany two sisters singing a duet to "How Great Thou Art."  In case you didn't know, it is kind of a hard song (2 flats) so I decided to just play the top hand.  It worked out fine, but I just felt like sort of a wimpy pianist.  My companion and I also were asked to teach part of the Plan of Salvation.  I was a little stressed out.  On the bright side, it is always fun having one-on-one interviews and talking with President Y and Sister Y.  It feels like they’re my parents while I am far away on my mission, even though I only see them about once a month.

This past week, I also got to find out where the hospital was in our current area.  There is a less-active sister who had a surgery.  It was good to visit her even though she was hurting.  I am glad we were able to brighten up her day a little.  I like doing good works.  I want to do more things like this in "real life" (aka after my mission).  I am also thankful to be well and not have to be in the hospital right now.

On the way to church yesterday, it was beautiful.  Fall is definitely in the air.  All of the leaves were changing colors and the wind was blowing and there was that nip in the air.  It is crazy how one day it suddenly hits you that it is Autumn.  The other day I was singing "It's autumn-time. It's autumn-time. The leaves are falling down.  It's autumn-time. It's autumn-time. It's all around the town."  [Lyrics of a song that young children learn in Primary, the meeting held for children age 3-11]  Thanks mom, for singing that while we were growing up.  It made the song so special.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true.  I am so very grateful for it and for our Heavenly Father's goodness and mercy.  I love you all.  Thank you for all the good you do in the world today.  Enjoy that autumn weather!  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment