Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas Transfer?


This transfer... I am not going anywhere! I am going to stay in my current area.  My new companion is Sister L.  We are Chicago buddies!  She is actually from a neighboring ward back home.  Do you remember when I was getting set apart [a prayer where hands are place on your head and you are assigned a specific responsibility in the church and also given blessings you need to help you fulfill your assignment] as a missionary?  President L mentioned there was another Sister going to the Oregon Eugene Mission as well.   I found her and now we are going to be companions.  It was funny, that memory had almost escaped me.  I vaguely remembered it a while after I met Sister L and found out she is from my same stake [a group of congregations] back home. Sister L just transferred from a ward that meets in our same church building so she only had to move about 15 minutes from her previous location. Transfers are crazy!  Sister S went to serve with Sister W (the sister who was my companion in the MTC).  It’s pretty great.

This last week was really busy.  We had a lot of baptisms and it was really fun to see all of the confirmations [a prayer in which a newly baptized person is confirmed a member of The Church and given the gift of the Holy Ghost, to have as a constant companion if they remain worthy] on Sunday during Sacrament meeting.  There were seven confirmations that happened in church!  It was crazy and amazing.  Sister S and I were richly blessed during our last transfer period!  It was amazing to work with all of those people and to see them make such special promises to their Heavenly Father.

I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and letters.  Keep up the great work!  Love, Sister Cluff

P.S.  …15 more days ‘til Christmas, 15 more days ‘til Christmas, 15 more days ‘til Christmas… and then we'll get to talk !  Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!  We'll play and play and play.  Oh, 15 more days ‘til Christmas...  [These words go with a tune that was invented by Sister Cluff’s older brother, David when he was about 4 years old.  Our family sings it to each other on the days leading up to birthdays, anniversaries, and other important dates.]

No comments:

Post a Comment