Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Merry Christmas!


It is always exciting getting ready for Christmas.  There are opportunities for service that don't come any other time of the year. Our ward purchased a bunch of "Joy to the World" DVDs.  (If you haven't watched it you should - it is really good.)  We had the opportunity to wrap them and hand them out to the people we have been working with. It is always fun to unwrap a Christmas present.  And it is great to share that kind of love with others.

I have been thinking lately that there is always something to look forward to, whether it is Christmas, talking to my family, New Year’s, or something else.  I think a lot of that comes from our Savior.  There is hope in our lives because of Jesus Christ.  That hope is because of the Atonement.  Without the Atonement there is no repentance or forgiveness that lasts, that means something.  Life would be so much harder without a Savior.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ, my Savior.  I am grateful that he came to earth as a tiny babe; he lived a perfect life so he could make this Atonement, and then he completed that Atonement for each of us.  I know that he died for us and that he was resurrected.  He lives again.  The scriptures testify of that and the Spirit testifies of that to our hearts.

I love you all and thank you for all that you do!  Thank you for your kind acts of service!  Thank you for sharing Christ's light with those around you.  I love you!  Merry Christmas!  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment