Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Importance of Friends


As I was thinking about this letter and what I would write today, I was reminded of a lesson we had this week.


This appointment reminded me of the importance of friends and the importance of church.  I also want to share a scripture that goes along with my thought that is in Moroni 6:4.  It says:

 "And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith."


This lesson was with an older couple who Sister L had taught when she was in her previous area and who wanted to be taught by sister missionaries.  He was an inactive member and she isn't a member.  They have both been around the church for a really long time.  She told us that she didn't know why she wasn't baptized.  She bore her testimony to us on the power of the priesthood for priesthood blessings and she said she felt like the Book of Mormon is true.  He has a testimony as well, but is hesitant on coming back.  It is a hard thing coming back to church.  A lot of times it is embarrassing and you feel self-conscience.  I had a thought about repentance and how it really is a change from who you are to who you need to be.  It is using the Atonement in your life. Where the friend part comes in is that they said they had really good friends who were helping them and then they moved.  This couple just wants a friend to sit by at church to help them feel more comfortable there, especially in the first couple of months.  Friends are vital and often times that can help someone get to church so they can be "nourished by the good word of God" and to help to keep them "in the right way."

 
I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for you all and all of the support you have given me.  I am grateful for all of the things you have taught me as well.  I love you!  Love, Sister Cluff

 
P.S.  I am going to be training a new “little sister” missionary.  The new missionaries are coming a week from Wednesday.  Yes, the end of the transfer is here.  On Saturday we are going get transfer calls and I will know where I am going to be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment