Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Companion & Area - It's going to be great!!


This last week was full of excitement.  The new sister missionaries came in!  All 12 of them!  There was one from Chicago, two with hard-to-pronounce last names, and a bunch of other wonderful sisters. 

It was pretty nerve wracking to find out who my new companion was going to be.  President doesn't assign them until he has had an interview with each of the new missionaries. This time I was called second to last to get my companion assignment.  My new companion is Sister T.  She is one of the two sisters with a hard name to pronounce.  She is from the Los Angeles area and she is one quarter Samoan.  She has curly brown hair and blue eyes.  (Sound like someone you know?)  She is a super softball expert and was recruited to the University of Hawaii.  Pretty cool, huh?

My new area is pretty great. It is right on the outskirts of mission headquarters.  We will also be spending a little bit of time doing missionary work in the BR church branch which is about 45 minutes away.  

It is great to see the rain again.  I missed it.  It is also fun to see the moss going crazy on the trees.  I call them alien trees.  I will have to send some pictures of them along with pictures of myself and my new companion.

A miracle happened this week while we were out tracting.  This was Sister T's first tracting experience and after the first door she knocked on (she did great; by the way), we met a guy sitting on his porch.  We were able to invite him to church and share a Book of Mormon with him.  Later that evening he texted and he asked us more questions about the church and our experiences.  I was able to bear my testimony through text messaging that I knew the Book of Mormon was true myself.  Pretty cool!  Sister T thought that was great: missionary work through texts.  The man committed to read the Book of Mormon.

I definitely have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for it. I am grateful for my Savior of whom the Book of Mormon testifies. I know this Church is true with all of my heart.

Thank you so much, family & friends, for all of the good you do. Thank you for your testimonies. I love you all so much!  Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment