Sunday, January 29, 2012

Church is Cancelled?

So, exciting news... It snowed!  It isn't supposed to snow here.  It is not what I agreed to.  But, it is fun for a little while. 

So, no one knows how to drive in snow in Oregon.  It is kind of ridiculous.  There are also no snow plows or salt trucks.  I guess that makes a difference.

It started snowing during Sacrament meeting and so they cancelled the last two hours of church.  There was less than an inch but some people had 1/2 hour or more to drive home - out in the middle of nowhere.  (By the way, that's where the pictures were taken.)  The funny part was is that it stopped snowing right after they cancelled church.  Then, the snow all started melting. 

We got to go tracting in the snow for an hour.  It was great fun.  Not really, that was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.  Still, it was fun to see snow.  I am over it now.  I guess it is supposed to snow the rest of the week.  I am still driver, which is not as fun as it used to be.  I don't really like “backers” [backing up].  My companions sometimes tease me about my driving/parking skills. 

Well, since my computer was super slow today, I don't have much time to write.  I’ve got to get going.  I love you all!  Thank you so much for your love, prayers, and letters!  Love, Sister Cluff.

P.S. Sorry the pictures don't have me in them.  Sister W took them while I was driving.  I was concentrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment