Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanksgiving & Transfers

Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad!! Thanks for all of the letters!  I love finding out what all happened at home. 
I was very loved on Thanksgiving.  We got to watch the movie “17 Miracles” and have Costco cinnamon rolls at a members’ (young married couple, both RMs) house.  Then we wrote a bunch of letters.  I ended up writing 7 on Thanksgiving!  We had "dinner" at 3:00PM at a couple's house, and then we had "dessert" at 5:30PM (which was really leftover dinner) at a family's house with a group that included about half church members and half friends.  So, we had a super busy day. 
Some exciting news is we got transfer calls on Saturday.  Sister R and I are getting a companion!  Her name is Sister R.  She is going home on Dec. 20, so she is only with us for about 3 weeks.  It is going to be exciting.  We also are in M Ward and R Ward [names of congregations] now.  We are no longer in NC, which means nothing to you but it is kind of sad for me.  It is funny because a lot of the people we were working with were in NC and then got moved over to R Ward from the boundary changes.  We were worried about how the change would affect their church activity at this early point in time, but we get to move with them!
 I haven't yet cut my hair, maybe next week.  For those of you who don't know, I am pretty sure I am getting my hair cut short.  There is a ward member who is a hair cutter.  She went to beauty school and cuts curly hair a lot. 
Oh, no.  I just remembered something I have to do.  They gave us homework, so I’ve got to run.  (P.S. I know this church is true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment