Monday, January 30, 2012

Work While the Sun Shines (or not)

It has been a mix of weather lately, some days it is nice and sunny, although a bit cold.  Other days it is warmer (sometimes) and rainy.  I wish the weather would just make up its mind.  I have to decide whether or not to wear my rain coat or my wool coat (which is warmer, but not so very water proof).  It is kind of a challenge without a weather forecast.

Sister W and I have been having fun.  I am still the driver.  I miss Sister R though.  It is not the same without her.  I am glad that I get to see her every once in a while.  Nothing much has changed by adding a fourth sister but we now get to juggle the bathroom a little more and there are two different schedules.  Since I’m not companions with Sister R anymore, I can't really lean on her to fix the problems or plan for the day.  Sister W and I have to take care of it ourselves.  It is a good growing experience.

There is another baptism coming up.  Kathy is engaged to a member and we got a call one night that said, “Hey, my fiancé wants to take the lessons and get baptized.  When can we schedule a lesson?”  It was every missionary's dream.  She had already gotten a Book of Mormon from missionaries years ago and took their challenge to read it and pray to know if it is true.  She did and felt the truth.  But nothing really happened after that until she started dating her fiancé.  Kathy and her fiancé have known each other since they were kids (about 30 years).  It is interesting how seeds are planted that you don't even realize were there.  I am so grateful those missionaries gave Kathy a Book of Mormon and that she acted.

I love you all!  Thank you for all of your support and prayers.  I couldn't do it without you ALL.  Love ya! Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment