Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mission Happenings

Our week has been super busy, we went to the Sisters’ Conference, which was awesome, and I feel like we have been running around ever since then.  Tomorrow we are going to a Zone Conference (which is 1.5 hours away) by the temple.  It should be exciting.  I am giving a 5-minute talk; I was already asked.  It is about the doctrine of Christ and I am going to try to relate it either to the hen and chick analogy or the Christ knocking at the door analogy.  It is still a bit shaky in my mind… we'll see how it goes.

We have a mission BlogSpot:  http://oregoneugenemission.blogspot.com/
I am in a couple of the pictures.  You should spread it around.  The photo below is from that blog.

[Sister Cluff's little brother asked her what she was doing on Nov. 11 at 11:11AM.]  I think at 11-11-11 at 11:11AM I was doing weekly planning, basically we plan for the whole next week.    At 11:11pm I was sleeping …which was super fun for me, but not very exciting for you to read about.

On Friday at 6PM we have a baptism for 3 kids (2 "investigators" and 1 "child of record").  We are getting super excited for it.  IT WILL BE MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!  So, these are the grandkids of 2 active grandparents.  Their parents are members although they could be classified as semi-active and less-active.  The grandparents have custody of the children and we got to teach them all about the gospel.  They have been in a foster home for the last 2 years, and would have been split up if the grandparents hadn't taken them.  There are four of them D… (11), M… (9), H… (8), and M… (4). They are all super cute and we love teaching them.  I will be sending a picture next week.  I get to conduct the music at their baptism.  I have conducted music more since I have been on my mission then pretty much ever before, not including FHE [Family Home Evening].  I only led the music for Sacrament meeting in the MTC once, but it was kind of a big deal for me.

We are also teaching an Egyptian named Ahmed and he speaks very little English.  He is also Muslim so we have to get permission to teach him.  We get to have a counselor from the mission presidency come to the lesson.  We were joking with the Elders that we need an emergency transfer of the Arabic missionaries to our area.  (There are no Arabic missionaries in our mission.)  Ahmed seems really open to learning, but it is going to be a slow process. 

Well, I am grateful for the chance to be here.  I am grateful for all of the miracles that we see every day.  There are little and big miracles.  I prayed for the DVD the other day because it was pretty skippy the day before, and it worked flawlessly.  I love the Lord, and all he did and does for us.  Jesus Christ still lives.  Heavenly Father is the father of our spirits, and the Holy Ghost can be our constant companion if we live worthily.  Every day I discover how blessed I am to have the gospel in my life and how true it is.  Everything I learn about the gospel just solidifies its truthfulness. 

My release date as of now is April 16, but I could extend another 6 weeks.  We'll see.  I gotta get going.  I am not allowed to procrastinate here.  As a missionary you feel super bad wasting time.  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment