Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Acclimating in Oregon

I am trying to get used to the heat down here.  It is weird. 

My new companion is 5'2" and has blonde, straight hair.  I should have taken a picture.  Oh, well.  She is from Grantsville, UT and has 4 older half siblings in their 40's.  Her favorite flowers are Snapdragons also.  She is fun and a super fast talker and she loves to laugh and do missionary work.  She is always at it.  She is a really hard worker.

My area, like I said before is kind of hot.  It is more rural than the last two areas; it kind of reminds me of the Central, Safford, and Thatcher area in Arizona.  It is green, but has fewer trees and the grass is not super green.  But, it is beautiful and there are really good people here.  At church on Sunday it was so weird being in a family ward.  It was soooo noisy.  You can still feel the spirit in noisy chapels, if you are listening for it. 

President Young has asked all of the missionaries to be the first ones to bear their testimony on Sundays during Fast and Testimony meetings.  It is kind of nice not having an option because you can't talk yourself out of bearing your testimony then.  I bore my testimony about the Spirit working through other people to help bless your life.  I truly testify of that.  I have been on the receiving end and on the giving end.  I will never forget the time I was prompted to give flowers to a visiting teacher; it took a couple of weeks before I actually remembered while I was at the store.  I won't ever forget actually giving them to her.  She started crying and said she had been having the worst day ever and thanked me so much.  Since I have been on my mission I got a wedding announcement from that sister and she wrote a little note in there that said she would never forget the flowers that I gave her.  I am so grateful I was there and listening to the spirit.

Well, I don't have too much time.  We are busy building the kingdom of God.  We only have an hour to email today and then the rest of our p-day is Wednesday afternoon/evening.  I love you all!!!  Thank you for your letters and prayers!  
Love, Sister Cluff

No comments:

Post a Comment