Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Sunburn

So, this last week was super sunny and nice except for the fact that I got a sunburn.  It wasn't too bad and it was mostly on the one arm.  I guess that was a big "first" of my mission, my first sunburn.  We spent time to handing out flyers on campus and I didn't even notice it until an hour and a half later, after we were done.  It was good though.  We are having a movie this week on campus.  It is the Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration movie.  It is going to be great.

This last week I found something really cool in the bible dictionary.  I think it is one of my favorite parts of the scriptures.  Under faith it says, "Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of those who have faith.  Miracles do not produce faith but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness, although miracles often confirm one's faith."  I look at so many people and I see that.  Miracles don't automatically make you believe.  We look at people in the scriptures like the Israelites, Laman, Lemuel, and others, and see how they see these amazing things but they forget or disregard them.  We need to have faith first and miracles will help strengthen that faith that is already there.  Obedience strengthens faith as well, and the opposite is also true.  Disobedience destroys faith, it breaks it down.  These are just some of my thoughts.  Thanks for letting me share.

My week was pretty normal, we tracted, taught lessons, etc.  It was great.  Thank you for all of your support and love!  I love you all and pray for you every day.  Keep going!  Love, Sister Cluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment